The EPA reports, “Every Home Has Dust Mites” (www.epa.gov/iaq/asthma/triggers/mites. html). Their waste products can become airborne and exposure to this waste causes allergies and asthma in susceptible children and adults. Many allergists and respiratory specialists believe dust mites to be such a concern they advise patients to remove all fabric-covered furniture and carpets from their homes. These areas are breeding grounds for dust mites that cannot readily be cleaned without the use of harsh chemicals. While our allergy bedding can control the allergens on your bed, the carpets, upholstered furniture, clothes, stuffed toys, fabric, and other fabric-covered items can be difficult to clean. This is why using the Verilux sanitizers is a great tool. UV-C cleaning allows the asthma and allergy sufferer to tackle dust mites and other indoor pollutants without resorting to drastic measures, such as extensive home remodeling or relocation.The UV-C light sterilizes biological pollutants including viruses, bacteria, mold, and dust mites by penetrating their cell membranes, destroying their DNA, and dismantling their reproductive capabilities. The result is the effective elimination of allergy and disease-causing microbes living and multiplying on the floors and surfaces inside your home.